Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Writing




I love it when pieces of the puzzle start to come together. Nick will start kindergarten next year and I am amazed how quickly he picks up things. He is starting to sound out words and get them on to the paper. He loves to write to his friend Katy (an older woman of 6)

You have to read it backwards, but this says, "Katy I am 4"

Clearly he doesn't share in his brother's peace keeping efforts because he loves everything about guns and shooting. So, it makes sense that he would draw a gun and write about it.
He is quite proud that he drew the bullet.



DJ loves comic books and super heroes so I am flattered that he is writing about Super Mom.
Apparently, my super power is Super Scream. Here is the cover of the story, and the illustration of "super scream"

Add Image

2 comments:

Aunt Susan said...

Thanks for sharing. I love how engaged he is in his writing. I wish he was going to be in my class next year. I also like the scream. I am wondering, have I ever heard the super scream?

Jim Sterling said...

Gee . . . somebody sure has a bright grandson!